Friday 23 December 2011

Washing Machine Breakdown - ahhhhhhhhh!

There are not many things that fill us with dread more than the washing machine breaking down. (Well of course there are plenty but I hope you know what we mean).   Two days ago that is exactly what happened.  Not only that it flipped the breaker on our fuse box (consumer unit) and kept doing so.  Although that is another story because it took almost a day to discover it was just one part of the programme on the washing machine that was causing all the problems.

I order a new machine and two days later the replacement arrived.  Not much of a story but made into one because one of the men delivering the washing machine spotted the title of the video on our computer and mentioned it.  We then explained, hence;



The washing machine that broke down was a Bosch and to be fair it has lasted us about 8 years with at least two washes a day so I think it served us well.  A couple of years ago I changed the motor and reckoned it was not worth messing with this time, especially over Christmas when the need is high and getting it working was not a guarantee.  I could get a new one delivered next day if I sorted it out the same day.  I bought it from www.appliancesonline.co.uk.  I have used them a few times now and have always been happy with their service.  I always feel I should pass on good experiences.

1 comment:

  1. We had to replace our dryer.It was probably over two months before we decided to replace it,but we finally did.It was weird the timer on to tell the dryer when to shut off was just busted.

    ReplyDelete